NEW: Help Wanted
Enjoy working with bright, energetic and enthusiastic Brinnon School students. You will be compensated with a stipend, education credit, health insurance and other benefits. Apply HERE to be an AmeriCorps/Washington Reading Corp member at the Brinnon School for the 2018-2019 school year. For more information on the position, see our Employment Page.
NEW: Brinnon School District New School Board Member
The School District is pleased to announce our newest board member: Mary Fickett
NEW: A Note from the Superintendent - March 2018
Thank you to our community for the support of the school levy. The valuable dollars provided by this levy provide teaching assistants, field trips, free preschool for Brinnon residents, meals prepared in our school kitchen, etc.
The 2017-18 school year is already halfway complete and it has been a great year!
- Our enrollment continues to climb with 81 students in preschool through 8th grade.
- We were recently notified that we were awarded the Washington Reading Corps grant for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Our PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization) has provided a number of activities for the students:
- After school yoga
- After school Zumba
- Eric Ode, award-winning author, will visit the school on March 12th
- We are looking forward to our big spring event on Friday, March 23rd - community talent show, student art exhibit, silent auction, dinner, and fun!
- With generous donations, our classrooms in grades 3-8 will have one laptop per student. Technology is an important part of their learning.
- Assessment indicators show that our students are making impressive academic progress.
- All students in kindergarten through 8th grade are looking forward to taking 6 swim lessons.
- Our current AmeriCorps/Washington Reading Corps members have been very busy planning activities that include:
- A clothing exchange
- Weekly after school homeowrk club attended by at least 30 students
- Dr. Seuss birthday celebration
- Library updates
- Activities to improve student literacy
We welcome you to visit our school. We are proud of our learning community.
Patricia Beathard - Superintendent
Brinnon School District Alternative Learning Program
- Do you want to teach your child at home?
- Do you want your child to have a part-time school schedule, while learning at home part of the time?
- Would you like to have your teaching materials provided at no cost?
- Would your child enjoy participating in field trips, assemblies, and other school activities while you teach at home?
- If the answer is yes to any of these questions, the Brinnon School District Alternative Learning Program might be perfect for your family.
- Call 360-796-4646 for more information